March 28, 2021

Timmeke # 17598 ..... Timmie ..... my little friend

 Saturday, March 27, 2021

As an ex adopter I would like to tell my story about this enormous sweetheart. In November Timmie came to enrich our family after having had some restless weeks in the Netherlands.

How exciting and strange everything was, but his curious nature came in handy. He did really well! Sleeping neatly downstairs for the nights, not breaking anything, being able to be alone for a few hours and perfectly clean.

I am the one who is always there so his focus soon shifted to me, the rest of the family is alternately present. He trusted me completely and I could do everything with him, even when it was worrying, such as taking a shower, cleaning legs, fireworks, new situations. His love for me was so great that the rest of the family started to feel more like a threat, especially my boyfriend (he thinks men are a bit scary anyway) but also the children.

Timmie took a few bites from that uncertainty and fear. Certainly not aggressive !!! but bite and let go immediately, so no major damage. I have tried everything to solve this problem, reading books, online courses, several times contact with a behaviourist but I could not get this problem solved and with enormous pain in my heart had to decide that my boyfriend's place is not in our family and also that I had to put the safety of my children first.

Timmie will benefit from people without children who are calm and stable and who understand insecure dogs. Who will not be discouraged by his insecure behavior. A stable dog would certainly do him good, also because he can learn from it, especially in the contact with other dogs in which he is also insecure. Other pets are not an option because of his hunting instinct.

What do these people get in return ..... A fantastic dog, who loves to cuddle and play, who prefers to play outside in the water and the mud and walks, loves a challenge because he is very eager to learn. At home he is very quiet, except for the crazy 5 minutes.

For me it is difficult to openly tell this story because of possible judgments, but I really want Timmie to get a chance and find a nice place, a place where he can and may be himself, where he can learn and especially a place where he can grow old because he deserves that! ♥






No comments:

Post a Comment