March 15, 2021

Basje

 Thursday, March 11, 2021

Tomorrow, March 12 is Basje's birthday and he will then be 8 years old. He has been with me for 5 1/2 years.

A great buddy. We walk a lot and the neighbors see him as my shadow. Despite the fact that I raised him nicely, he still has things that I never managed to heal.

Basje is not only car sick but also has separation anxiety. That car sickness has changed by long and very short training into 5 to 10 km that go quite well. That is sufficient for 2 x per year grooming salon and 1 x vet. Holidays don't figure. Sending him elsewhere and going on my own does not happen either. I don't feel comfortable with that.

Driving will never be his favourite. That means that I hardly spend any time in the car. Don't drive many miles.

Furthermore, no strange men are allowed in here. He just bites their calves. But a technician has to come in here too. For that I have a bench in which he normally only sits when I do some shopping. As long as he doesn't actually see me go out the door, he doesn't whine. Also takes some training but is doable. And my little rascal is more than worth it.

I therefore hope that we will be back here next year for his 9th.

Greetings, Belia and Basje.






No comments:

Post a Comment