May 11, 2020

Flappy and his friend Bear


Flappy and his friend Bear
Flappy 6/1/2008 / 12/28/2019
Bear 3/15/2011 / 26-04-2020


Beer on left, Flappy on right

In August 2019 you got cancer. At the same time as your best friend Bear, who we had from puppy. You had melanoma and Beer had a mast cell tumor. Beer also had heart failure, but both diseases were under control.

December 28, 2019 .... your sweet Flap was not doing well in the morning. You slumped on your hind legs, looked anxious and didn't want to eat. We immediately went to the vet with you. She thought you were at the end. You already had metastases in the lungs from a removed melanoma in your cheek. But those metastases were stable because of the pills you got. So got antibiotics. But when I wanted to give your next pill at the end of the afternoon, your 1st pill came out. I looked in your mouth and saw that it was completely wrong. I immediately called the vet and she came right away. It was good right away. As if you were glad I finally saw what was going on. You went to sleep and didn't even wake up when the vet came in. Thank God that remained so. You did not notice and you slipped away so quietly.

You came to us at the age of 5 and you turned 11.5 years. Fortunately, we have been able to give you all our love for more than half of your life, we are so grateful for that.

Despite the fact that both diseases were under control, Beer died on April 26, 1920, 4 months after you, of a cardiac arrest in the arms of my vet. At the age of 9. Bear wouldn't eat in the morning. This was due to a bleeding in the abdomen. The cause was probably wrong medicines in a correct box given by a vet where Beer when he was not even under treatment 😢. I will never know .... It is difficult to accept, but I comfort myself with the thought that you are together again. Two great friends that I loved so much with all my heart! It will always remain that way. Fortunately, I was able to give you everything and always protect you!

Every night I will look at the stars to see you and someday we will meet again. I secretly look forward to that. But I still have to take care of Boelie and the two pigs. You wouldn't have wanted otherwise, I'm sure. See you sweet boys someday! ❤️



Flappy on his back on the left, Beer on his front on the right.


No comments:

Post a Comment