February 17, 2021

LAST DAY...

 Monday, February 15, 2021

I don't have a name. I had nothing but my life.

I was born once but I was never loved in this country.

One day I was captured and my journey ended at this place after dark.

It scares me, many have had these fears and many have died. I knew instinctively. I just don't know when it's going to happen.

I certainly had hope that I would eventually leave this place and be loved just the way I am.

A dog on the street.

This morning I was brought food and water, I thanked him kindly because I had had nothing to eat for a long time. I lay in my corner all day, watching the clouds from the window. How beautiful they are and so far from here.

Tonight the man who always looked so bad, had cold eyes, came and took me away.

I looked around for the last time and looked in different eyes, at their pain and cried, for the last time.

I've never done anything wrong and I don't understand why I have to die. Maybe the rainbow will be just as beautiful from here and then I can be happy.

Think of me, a dog without a name who died in one of the killing stations.

Because people did not take their responsibility, I had to pay with death.

Don't shop, adopt! 🐾


I'm dedicating this to Hopi, the dog I failed to save. The one the killing station deliberately stopped me saving. He looked a bit like this. At least he did have a name in the end. Hopi. His name is on one of the heat lamps, together with mine so he will be remembered and I think of him every day. I'm so sorry Hopi.


No comments:

Post a Comment