February 22, 2021

Fabienne's Diary: Not without my friend ...

 Saturday, February 20, 2021

Fabienne's diary - Not without my friend, my little wife ...

Here is the story of the last two, huge Mastins that we couldn't take yet ...

The day of our rescue I had decided that none would be left behind and I will adhere to that absolutely. When we were almost done loading, I was still busy in the van when I was called. "Can you come?" And there they were. Two enormous Mastins. A couple that earlier that day had been brought into the killing station, which they had resisted violently. 

They were both very upset. The male growled at us, without aggression, but still ... When I got closer I saw them pull the poor wretch with full force, pulling the cord that was around his neck and acting violently. I asked them to stop and just leave him alone. When they did, something happened that melted everyone's heart. In a desperate gesture, the great Mastin put his paw on his wife .  Everyone fell silent. When I said “They are both coming along or not at all”, everything calmed down.

Because we are full up, we have asked them to wait for a while. But we will come and get them! We still have 1 month, and then the place will close for good, but we are going to get them.  It was the most poignant moment of the day, he put his leg over her, please, don't take my wife away. Sooo, sooo drastic. They know! They feel it !! They understand !!! A simple, but clear gesture ... You don't need words.






No comments:

Post a Comment