September 18, 2021

Update Jessa (formerly Lena 19051))

 ▼

Friday 17 September 2021

Jessa (formerly ACE Lena)

Just an update from my sweet girl Jessa.

She has been with us for over 3 months now and I am so very proud of her.

Jessa is a sweet, affectionate, spirited, stubborn young lady. She has grown tremendously in the 3 months she has been with us. She is already running loose in the woods, then keeps a close eye on me and when I squeak with her squeaky ball she comes running like a whirlwind. For something tasty, of course!

Sometimes it is necessary to put her on the lead. This is when she encounters certain other dogs. I'm not quite sure what triggers her yet. One day she accepts all the dogs, other days she's lashing out at them.

I also found out that she becomes very insecure with unknown, somewhat firmer men, and especially when they make certain movements (throw something away or grab a stick or something). She barks hard at these men, but when they make those moves, she cringes completely. I suspect something in her past is causing this. But if she knows the men, it's fine. Things are getting better, but we still have a long way to go.

She loves sticks and breaking stuffed animals. She's a big water rat. Swimming and fetching sticks in the water is her favorite activity. But in general, going along with us is of paramount importance. She only has to think I'm taking her harness and she's jumping.

Recently,she and Ikey started playing too.

Greetings

Gerdic






No comments:

Post a Comment