March 20, 2016

Nils


Hello everyone,


I would like to introduce you to Nils and tell our story.

He's a beagle mix about 2 years old. He has adorable eyebrows, which always make him seem sad.

In August I went to ACE for the first time, with my father, to help out for a couple of days.

What surprised me was how sweet and affectionate dogs are. Each and every one are dear. Yet I noticed one dog up in the loft in the corner. Bare and alone he was just sitting there staring at me. When he saw me he gently wagged his tail. When I came up to him, he was so happy he almost wagged his tail off.

I went into his kennel and he came right down onto my lap, gently nibbled my fingers while he looked at me cheerfully. I wondered why he was alone, as he appeared to be a sweet gentle dog.
It seems he was found to have ringworm, aha ... that's why he was alone. Every day I came back to look for him to play with him. Until it was time to say goodbye.

When I got home I couldn't get him out of my head. After 5 days we contacted ACE. I knew there were a number of trainees who were looking after his treatment and occasionally they sent a picture.
In October we came back and he was completely healed, he even had a boyfriend - Rafa. He was greatly changed, he was able to go to the field and he had learnt how to play again. He had another test and he was completely clear.

After two weeks Neils was flown to the Netherlands where we picked him up at the airport to take him into foster care. After he was three weeks with us, it was already clear that the parting would be very difficut. He followed me everywhere, he looked for me even when I was not there. He fitted perfectly into our pack of three dogs that we already had at home, including from ACE.

A couple seemed to be interested but they pulled out. So my parents decided (secretly) to think about adoption. And yes, my parents had become infatuated with Nils and decided to adopt him. He is far too sweet and impossible to let go.

Nils is really my dog, my child, my shadow, he's very sweet and affectionate.
Really I could not be without him now ...

ACE thanks for the great job and for saving Nils.

A paw from Nils.


A nice wash



In the Refugio - please take me home



Falling in love




Home with my brother



Sweet dreams




In my smart new coat (it has a hood too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment