August 07, 2021

(Ace) Maya

 Friday 6 August 2021

After the death of my previous dog, I initially had no intention of getting another dog. But still I missed something, so again a dog. First I tried to get a dog privately or through a shelter. But it proved difficult to find a suitable dog.

Came to Ace through the internet, there was a nice dog on the site. Fill in the form, then contact us by phone via a volunteer. It turned out that this dog had heartworms and was also a bit scared. So it turned out not to be suitable for me.

Coincidentally, she still had Maya for me, I liked the description and also the photos. So I went for it. Had one more home visit from a volunteer, good conversation with Bep. Bep pointed out to me that if I run into any problems, I should contact Ace right away.

Maya arrived in Barneveld in April. I saw her, was smaller in real life and there was a click right away. The 1st day a bit hyper, but that was from the long journey. She was potty trained within 2 days. She is a happy dog, easy going. I enjoy it a lot and it calms me down.

Every day I go out into nature with her, where she can also run loose, which she also likes very much.

We have done the puppy course and now we are still doing the follow-up course. Didn't need it, she listens well, but you always learn something from it.

I am grateful to the foundation for the good guidance and that Maya was allowed to come and live with me.





No comments:

Post a Comment