January 13, 2021

Tahre and Mientje have survived flood ... a word from Tahre ...

Monday, January 11, 2021

Hi, I am Tahre and I was born in the campo. A lady took me, my brothers, sisters and mom to safety and  to an asylum called SHIN / ACE.

My mom told me that a shelter is a place where dogs like us are allowed to stay for a while and then leave for their own home, I don't know what the latter is, but if my mom says I can trust it, I will.

Now, after staying there for some time and being well looked after by the puppy keepers (yes, we have personal keepers) it started to rain heavily here. My mom tried to keep us dry for as long as possible but the water just kept coming, we tried so hard, our legs didn't touch the ground and I started swimming.

Suddenly we heard a car stop, there was help! However, I started to lose the battle against the water. Then I was fished out of the water and they brought me with the other puppies to a warm place where everyone started to rub us warm, with Mientje and I it was very difficult because we were very hypothermic. We were taken to the clinic, the vet also came in haste and saved the lives of the two of us after an hour or two of intensive care.

We were put on the oxygen, under the heat lamp, they kept us warm with hot water in pitchers and gloves and several hands kept rubbing us warm, I don't remember anything about that, but they told me afterwards.

I regained consciousness after Mientje, I did not know where I was, all people I did not know, my mom was not there, I was still very cold.

Then I suddenly heard that I was going "home", I was too tired to think, but I went home with my foster mom to continue to recover. I was allowed to sleep in a warm nest, got a jacket and a hug of my own, so I fell asleep like a log because of all the fatigue that was still in my little body.

About 2 days later I am enjoying life again, also my sister Mientje, she is also much, much better…. I am an active girl and like to play with a ball and the other dogs. I do still receive medication in the form of injections that my foster mom lovingly gives me because she says that I am a small miracle.

She also told me that many people save money for (sick) dogs like me and I would like to thank this one! I might not have made it without your money for those pleasant warm lamps, those soft blankets, jackets and my medication.

So, a big thank you to everyone!

I am still a bit muzzy after my adventure so I will go to sleep in my soft basket! Maybe later I will let you know how I am doing. Fingers crossed for all the other sick dogs who are still staying in the clinic and are fighting just like me, ... that they too may survive ... I hope so dearly,

Sweet little paw,

Tahre and my sister Mientje 







No comments:

Post a Comment