January 09, 2021

Lucy and the rain

Friday, January 8, 2021 

One morning I wake up to hear a familiar Dutch sound: rain. Our Spanish lady is not going to like that .. But yes, after a night's sleep the legs have to be stretched and also she needs to pee and defecate. 

 So once down I act very enthusiastically; "Come on, Lucy, let's go outside!" After our regular morning ritual of feeding the guinea pigs and eating a piece of bread crust and cucumber herself, Lucy is enthusiastically wagging her tail at the back door. I wrap myself up well, grab an umbrella and put Lucy's harness and lead on her. 

 I open the door, Lucy wants to jump out enthusiastically: But ... ho, wait a minute .. it's raining .. I don't like that at all! Brrr .. all that wetness! I am from Spain remember, Spaniards are used to the sun and do not like rain. 

 I go out in the rain and try to persuade her with treats, my sweetest words and a happy tone. Lucy remains rigid on the mat and looks at me: are you crazy or something? You can be sweet and have treats, but I won't fall for that! If you want to walk, go ahead. I'll wait here for you. I'll keep my leg stiff (literally)! 

 Well, then we'll just wait until the need is really high ......










No comments:

Post a Comment