January 25, 2021

Yoda (Lolo 18253)

 Monday, January 25, 2021

I would like to tell you about Yoda.

When he's relaxed, I see a self-aware little man. He is fierce like the average Chihuahua. Responds to the doorbell, walks very well on the walk. Now and then he tries to run along and make contact with the rest of the pack. He likes to come and lie on your lap, preferably with a blanket. Is playful, but also obsessive with certain toys. As if that's his only boyfriend.

But it is a thin layer, he does not trust it quickly and snarls at his pack mates and also at us humans. He doesn't fight with the others, but is angry.

He gets biting when I want something from him. His basket with blanket is the safe place. He withdraws into that. But for example in the morning, when I want him out, he gets angry and he also starts to moan anxiously. That is unfortunate to hear. He then bites me completely. I have a boarding harness for him, and that's going pretty well. I then leave him on the ground and put on the harness leg by leg. He then takes a finger very carefully, he does not trust it. The times when I want something from him are scary. I give lots of mini candies to build his confidence. Hands are scary; what's coming? A sweet or something nasty? But I also see that he is trying to trust me and sometimes he has to. He has an ear infection for which I have already been to the vet twice. (going in the right direction) The assistant is wearing enormous gloves because he cannot be handled. But when they are done he jumps over to me. Very touching. I promised the vet that in a year's time Yoda will be a model dog ......... Maybe .... ;-))

2 weeks later Yoda has already made good steps.

Yoda made it clear to us that he really wants to be in the crate in our bedroom. The others are also close to us. And he is right. Since the weather is so cold and wet, I want him to put on a jacket. Well, he finds that very complicated. But we manage anyway. Sometimes it goes more smoothly than other times. He is getting cozier and more casual. Some dance steps are already being made with the other dogs. Do you remember Jose? Even he likes Yoda. I too can play with him carefully, I like that so much to hand wrestle with dogs. And he jumps around me like a lamb when he gets happy. Sometimes you see the fight in his head, I want it so badly but don't trust it. He lies quietly on your lap, but wants to defend the owner of the lap fiercely. I then put him off the lap. And so he learns a little more each time. For me it is a puzzle how to deal with him so that he becomes a real dog again. Any!!

Greetings from Karin









No comments:

Post a Comment