August 30, 2016

Lupy




I have had him since since April 12 and he is awesome !! Sweet, enthusiastic, a good sleeper if I can take my gaze off him and he listens sooo well! With everyone he is fantastic and really true, I'm so surprised by his amazing character !! He is sweet even with large dogs and small dogs and with cats.

I got him through ACE (Animal Care Espania) and have recently also visited the places where he lived, in order to understand his background a little better.   First he lived on the street, from where he was taken to the killing station of Los Barios; at the end of August, 2015 ACE took him away from there with, on that occasion, 20 other dogs. When he arrived at ACE, his ears were broken how exactly remains a mystery.

Then at ACE in late March he was attacked in the night by some of the dogs there, why remains unclear, but it left him almost dead. After the attack he went to another shelter in Mijas, to ensure that there would be no more attacks. Wonderful that ACE acted so!

It was then that I looked back at some videos taken six months earlier (through my sister Wendy de Haas) and expressed interest and I heard that he actually was supposed to go to another family, but they did not want him anymore because of the attack his visible stitches, (which probably would cause permanent "beauty" damage to his body) and the behavioral problems that might come with it.

Their choice to reject him was my good luck !!! 😊I wanted Lupy (his original name ace) just as he was and when I heard this, I was even more convinced that he would be more than welcome to come to me. And strangely enough, I (as opposed to other people interested in him) was just totally not afraid of possibe permanent damage. He looked so eager and strong on the first video, with his torn ears. So why would another almost deadly attack change him ...? He will have experienced much worse on the street and  tjaaaa ... whats new;) I thought ? So time and love will heal him.

In retrospect quite right, because Jupy is great and he has no additional scars from the attack. Previously he was very afraid of trucks and scooters  & now he sits behind my legs when we are crossing a street, doesn't panic any more is super cute and he trusts me enough to know that everything will be fine. Really super !!!! ❤👍🌞

I am so fond of him and so proud of him! The best part, he goes to my speech therapy practice and everyone is crazy about him! He sits obediently waiting for my breaks and helps small children relax when speech therapy makes them anxious. If they are allergic he goes to the pharmacy, where everyone is crazy about him too. So super, I love him ❤😃👍👍👍!

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment