April 25, 2021

In Memoriam THYRA.

 Sunday, April 25, 2021

With a lot of pain in my heart I want to let you know that the vet put Thyra to sleep this morning, April 25. April 24, 2019 she came to me and unfortunately on the 26th she escaped and after 2 ½ months she made herself known to someone, after a very long walk somewhere in Germany, by standing in front of the kitchen window and this woman then lured her in with sausage because luckily she realised something was wrong. After that my friend Truida picked her up from a shelter in Germany with great difficulty because I was 250 km away due to sad circumstances. She sat with her for a few days and then brought her back to me and it really seemed like she had always been there. What a sweetheart she was, been through so much and yet so loyal to me. Gave kisses and if she wanted to be stroked she put her paw on your leg and then you had to hug.

After she started to limp more and more and the orthopedic surgeon couldn't really do anything for her, a brace was made for her so that she could still go on short walks. She really wanted to go for a walk !! Because a small renovation was underway here, she went to my girlfriend Truida 4 weeks ago because she was too stressed here. There I saw at one point that she got a very weird thick bump, her ribs were pushed out, and after a photo and then an ultrasound I got the bad news that she had a tumor with metastases in her liver. And then it went quickly. This morning she was moaning very softly and that was a sign to me that I had to call the vet to put her to sleep.

Tomorrow the 26th, 2 years after her escape, we will take her to the crematorium and let her go, hopefully to canine heaven where she is no longer in pain and can walk wherever she wants.

How I will miss her !!








No comments:

Post a Comment