October 15, 2020

Fabienne's diary: My Alfredo ...



You left us ... You were pressed into my hands at the airport 8 years ago. Later we heard that you had been relocated 10 times in Germany by another organisation, after biting both Dirk and me a lot. We persisted and got to know you with, to say the least, an extensive user manual.

From that day on we were usually together 24 hours a day.  You could not stay behind anywhere, then you would at least start acting very strange ... Many a persons, including the best trained therapists, stood with you for a puzzle...

My love for you was stronger than I thought, and your loyalty greater than I have ever experienced ... We could do everything together ... Your dark, inexplicable side couldn't outweigh my love for you ... I have always defended and protected you, because I wanted so badly to find out what actually went wrong in your head, ... But that secret you took with you yesterday ...

You left in my arms, ... I pressed you very close to me, because I knew that was so intense for you ... Then I let you go ...

My heart is broken, ... You were our big worry child ... The emptiness is great and my shadow is gone ... No more notes in the house saying "Alfredo is here", ... Dirk or family knew that or friends that you couldn't enter that room when I was away, ... No more frightened people in the Refugio if they wanted to enter my office and Alfredo had to wait there for me ...

Dear Cocker of mine, you have peace now, ...

You were special but I loved you so much ... You only realize that now that you have gone ... My special boy ... You would have turned 14 in December ... What or who has ever affected you so deeply we will never know, but know that you will forever have a special place in my heart, because you were unique in every way ... No matter how difficult you were, you were my faithful shadow. ..

Rest in peace Alfie ... Balfie ... Until we can ever be together again ...

Rest now ...

For the beautiful tribute video on the Dutch blog, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment