July 16, 2016

Manolito


Manolito, came to me as a hugely fearful dog ... sooo afraid of being beaten and kicked.

Very, very occasionally something will happen to make me remember - "oh yes, that comes from his past experience" but overall Manolito has made huge progress.

I saw him transform from a scared dog from the  street and the killing station, who wanted to make himself truly invisible (because if he was not there he couldn't be seen so nothing could happen to him) to what he is now, a great sweet, humorous and confident honey. .. and every day he puts a smile on my face! I really couldn't be prouder of  him!

But these are also the smaller steps that happen unexpectedly just one day, which are like real gems, like today:

SO MUCH FUN ! AFTER A YEAR AND A HALF MANOLITO CAME TO ME IN THE GARDEN FOR A CUDDLE, FOR THE FIRST TIME !!!

To do this, he behaved as if he thought I was not looking, approachingly stealthily and quickly cuddling me and then running away as fast as he could, back inside.

But today he knows our little garden is there just for him. And so you see, Manolito's really getting there.

Eugenie


No comments:

Post a Comment