April 19, 2015

Modest - he suits his name so well



Modest - gentle and endearing.
This is what it says on 'his page' ...

We came across this very beautiful dog, still young, with his attractive colouring - a handsome honey with a particularly lovely nature... at the killing station. Tick, tick, precious time was running out... if no one claims you in ten days... Seeing him there was heartbreaking to Juani, one of our team, and she saved him from this doomed hell. Naming him was easy... 'Modest'... because he is such a calm, lovely, humble soul, who's on top of the world with even the quickest hug... a wonderfully endearing dog! 

I met Modest on my last trip out to El Refugio. Such a darling. A calm, humble soul who really suits his name. So happy to get a pat or a kind word. Yes, a wonderfully endearing dog. . 

While I was pleased to see his video gracing the front page of the website in the last couple of months, I was very surprised to see that he had still not been adopted. Such a gorgeous character would make a family very happy. 

That was one of the reasons I wanted to feature Modest on the blog today. But when I looked at his page again, I saw he's been reserved. Yay! How wonderful. I do hope it goes really well and that soon sweet Modest will also be boarding that big sky bird and flying off to his golden basket and his forever home.   






No comments:

Post a Comment