February 01, 2015

Vita's homecoming ...

One of the happiest moments in our week is taking our sweet dogs to the airport and seeing them go off on the first stage of their new lives. Sad to say goodbye but the knowledge that they are going to live happily and loved more than makes up for the temporary sadness. And of course we don't lose touch entirely. There are the after visits and the lovely photo's and stories sent to us by our marvellous adopters. Here is Vita's story sent by her new family.


Meeting her new family - Vita on the left, Murphy and Spot on the right.

Sunday, February 1st, 2015

Monday, September 29 was the day! The day I could pick up our ACE dog Novita (now called Vita) from Schipol Airport, Amsterdam. I came with my brother, my daughter, Murphy our Jack Russell and our greyhound Spot. We stood together with the other adoptive families waiting for the transport boxes to arrive. My wire-haired blonde stood quietly in her box we didn't hear Vita at all!

The character description we'd read ticked all the boxes! She is super sweet, quiet and not at all traumatized, even with the two other dogs there she was fine. What a super dog! After years of only having male dogs, it's really nice to have a bitch once again. And the two boys are very happy with her, it's like we've always had her. So everything went well from the first moment.

The first night, which I always find it exciting with a new dog, went smoothly. We didn't heard a peep. Careful with the doggies as I am, I kept her on the leash for the first four weeks when out with the other dogs . Then when on a Saturday morning came the time to let her off the leash. I was elated and I simply had to make a movie of it, it was so beautiful, to see her running and playing with the two boys. She got so excited that she bounced smack into the ditch!

Vita is also very obedient. When I call her she comes almost immediately. Murphy and Spot would sometimes hesitate but when they see that Vita comes to me, they come too. The move from Spain to Friesland has not been too upsetting for Vita it seems, and she has had no trouble with integrating into our family. In short, a top dog!

Dear ACE, thanks again !!!
Greetings from Friesland,

Jochem de Haan.



All ready for the next leg of the journey.


A new home and exciting new smells.



So much to explore.


No comments:

Post a Comment