February 01, 2015

Black Beauty Project - Casimiro's Dream



Hello everybody.

I'm Casimiro.

I've been living at the Refugio since 2012. The years go past, so slowly. They are passing me by. I am looked after and I get food and drink and kind words and sometimes I can leave my cage and go and play in the big field.

Three times a year a sweet volunteer comes to the Refugio and takes me out for a day at the beach. I love the sea air but I love my freedom even more. Just to be free, to see how it could be ... I get cuddles and we go and sit on the terrace, and I get patted by the people around me and even a hug from the waiter, who finds me beautiful. And then, it's time to go back. Lead in my feet, so melancholy. Back in the age, the loneliness. The nights are long, so many days stretching out ahead. For years and years. 

How can this be true. After all, I'm a Labrador. Yes, I'm black, but I'm a real labrador heart and soul.
I adore people. I long for my dream to come true. What is my dream? A warm basket. To get up every day in a family, to live together in a family or with someone. In my home. Where I belong. That's my big dream. 

Do you think that can still happen. Is it possible that the door is still open?  I keep looking and hoping. Someone gives me a friendly hug. My hopes are raised. And then the night falls and the loneliness remains with me. 

I pray to God that one day, it may be my turn. That the day may come ....


Love from Casimiro, 
Loft section 4, El Refugio, Mijas

Click here for more information about me.  And here's a little film too.


Sometimes I play in the big field.



It's nice to cool down. It gets very hot in Spain.


No comments:

Post a Comment