December 31, 2016

The story of Didi (Delilah) - the most beautiful Christmas present !!


From Fabienne's Diary:

Delilah was one of the many dogs that crossed our path, she was an extremely frightened dog who stayed for several years in our refugio, after she was rescued from the Golf Course along with her four children.

They all found forever homes but no one seemed to want Delilah and so she stayed for 2 years in the Refugio. A boss of her own would have helped a lot but this didn't happen - until a wonderful foster family took her in to their family. Their dedication and love was immeasurable; they helped restore her confidence after 2 years in the Refugio and many years living wild on the golf course at La Cala.

After more than a year with her foster parents, we got this today:


Hi Fabienne and Dirk,

I am sending you my story to read; it has a very nice ending (or a very nice beginning for the rest of my life.)

At the beginning of 2016 I was finally able to leave the Refugio, but what awaited me I had no idea. I did not like to think because I was so scared!!! I went to a foster home where I began to feel better, bit by bit, and to adapt mysef to the people and then hopefully be able to have a family of my own.

After a day so sitting a bench in the plane and then a journey in the car, my two new bosses let me loose in  beautiful garden. I was scared but they just wanted to give me a wash and they even tried to wash the brown spots off my legs. and cars have my two new bosses me loose in a beautiful garden but I was afraid they gave me immediately washed, they even tried brown dots on my legs. So funny! 

What was not so bad is the there are other dogs living here, two poor Galgos and a very little one that  apparently also came from the Refugio. They were super sweet and excited that I came to join them and I wasn't even really scared with them.
Krista, they call her Belle, is the sweetest, I was most at ease with her the quickest and I really wasn't very afraid of her at all.  

I had not seen many dogs s big as Gert and Glenn but despite their size they were sweet though I was scared at first, but I tried to get over it and keep up with them as much as possible when we are running. What I really do not understand is that I never do catch them up.

They are all equally dear to me. I even have the feeling that I will still prefer Belle, even wheen I am a little less scared. Apart from that there re still some things to be sorted with the pack! A whole bag of sandwiches picked and Belle's sandwich removed from her place, pillows chewed up a bit  ... but I always pretend I know nothing. I can look innocent aways if something happens.

Once someone even came to look at me, a very sweet old gentleman but he was not strong enough to go on walks with me. Then he left I never saw him again. Nobody else came to see me. 
Meanwhile, I've been here almost a year and actually I'm not afraid, I even give Glenn and Gert  hugs, I even think that in the summer I will romp with those two on the grass. With the other dogs, we always call ourselves sisters because here are some girls too so I'm very good match.

Lali is my training buddy for playing and fighting; she is not afraid of anything. Sometimes I put her whole head in my mouth and then she finds it fun too. Here they go travelling to and then we also go for walks, romp around and have lots of food. It's unbelievable how much I can do now, things that that I never thought I would dare to do. I play a lot with Belle. Nowadays I have Belle, this little dog to protect and that's quite a pressure. I get between Belle and Lali and put my head against that of Belle, so Lali cannot get to her.

They're always taking pictures of me - I've send a few so you see that I am happy here !!
Meanwhile, they see me as I am now rather than in the past and they have said that I will stay here with them, whether or not anyone comes to see me. I can see that I'm in a really good situation, here. 
I still thought that I was supposed to go to another family.

So, now I'm going to rest a bit longer, do a bit of begging for food soon, maybe even nibble on a cushion a bit, then play with the sisters and become even less afraid of my bosses.
Thank you for catching me when I needed it and for making sure that I was sent to such a nice family.

Greetings, from Didi (Didi is my new name, my owners only call me Delilah if I have done something that I shouldn't, like biting on pillows)

P.S. The greetings from my family, they wish you happy holidays and a happy new year.







No comments:

Post a Comment