September 06, 2014

ACE Day - and the plane is delayed

This is the first time in three years that I haven't been at Dog Day in Holland. Every year, usually on the first weekend in September, Team Spain comes over to Holland on the Saturday and to Belgium on the Sunday. It's a joyful time when everyone can get together and celebrate all the wonderful work completed during the year and see the happy dogs and their brilliant new owners.

It seems that Fabienne sent a message to say the plane in which they should be travelling to Brussels had engine trouble and thus their arrival in Brussels would be delayed. However, she said the atmosphere was good - and the photo's attest to that.

I'm sure they got there in the end. Watch this space for a full report on the ACE days and also the Pupaid dog show, here in the UK. Since I couldn't be in Holland I found a dog show near me in London. Pupaid is a group of organisations campaigning against puppy farming in the UK. I'll be writing more on this subject as, this week, a member of the British parliament managed to get the whole issue debated in the House of Commons.

I wish everyone a gloriously happy and successful ACE Day. I can't wait to see the camdog footage :)




This is exciting - can we go now?



Not yet, it seems. There's a little problem.




Some members of Team Algeciras waiting patiently.



Steven and Ton - they seem happy enough. 






No comments:

Post a Comment