May 29, 2022

In Memory of Cloudy ... a long, happy life after a miserable start.

It's a few weeks now since Cloudy's wonderful owner wrote with the sad news of Cloudy's sudden death. I noticed it immediately but since I was away I was not able to record it on the blog. But there is a very special reason why I noticed ... because I was with Fabienne when we rescued Cloudy and his companions from a breeder. And she allowed me the enormous privilege of giving him his name ... Cloudy was a pet name my mother used to call me. Shortly after this this precious little dog was adopted. I have been trawling through my blogposts to find what I wrote about him at the time, but so far without luck. 

The message from Cloudy's sad owner.

Less than a month ago I brought you the sad news that our Spanish Princess Camila had died. We have not yet recovered from this grief and the next shock came. A few weeks ago I wrote that our Spanish sweetheart Cloudy is doing so well and despite his age (almost 13 years) he is still as healthy as a fish. Last night a drama happened that we still cannot comprehend. It was around 02:00 last night when we suddenly heard Cloudy panting. At first we thought he might need to go outside so we let him out into the garden, where he did a little peeing and then went back inside. Once back in the living room it happened that suddenly one hind leg became paralysed, soon followed by his second hind leg and his eyes were very strange. It all happened so fast. We put him on the couch where it soon became clear that he could not understand what was happening. I cried and realised immediately that there was probably something wrong with his heart, before we could call the vet Cloudy had already died. My husband tried to resuscitate but without success 😭😭😭 Despite the fact that it went so fast and we saw everything happen and we know he did not suffer, we cannot get the image out of our retinas. We were so helpless, I told him how much I love him, repeated his name 10 times but still his life slipped through our fingers 😭 We still can't believe it, especially because he was never sick, yesterday evening he ate normally, nothing special to notice and so suddenly he is gone. This afternoon we took him to the crematorium and chose a beautiful urn for him. A bronze heart with a golden heart in it, this fits him so well especially because I always said to him "Cloudje with his heart of Gold". He was my first sweetheart who I adopted through ACE and shortly after that Camila came to us through ACE as well. Both the same age, both in short succession through ACE from Spain came to us, both so very sweet and special and now both in 1 month time left for the rainbow bridge. I comfort myself with the thought that he did not suffer and had a beautiful life until the last day. Comfort in all the beautiful memories and how grateful we are that he was in our lives for 10 years. But the loss, the sound of his bark, the sound of his feet walking on the floor.... it leaves a huge void and last night a piece of my heart died with him 💔😭


We want to thank you so much for bringing two wonderful sweethearts into our lives and our hearts. It was 10 years full of love and in our hearts they live forever! 


Also now I send you a video with some memories of 10 beautiful years with our Cloudje with his heart of gold ❤️

Love,

Nanda



No comments:

Post a Comment