March 24, 2017

Mika


On 27 November 2016 I picked up little Mika from the airport in Rotterdam. I saw a small, brown, insecure dog sitting with a pink eye, a broken ear and red nose in the arms of a volunteer and I was immediately in love!

Yet he came happily to me and my friend, did a puddle outside and sat in the car. At home, an 18 year old dog and two enormous Mainecoon cats (who've lived here for a year) were waiting for her. Mika was so shocked she didn't even sniffed at them, but they meet her and it was all good!

I was completely stunned, I had expected a big fight.
But then it was time for her to go out ...
Mika was very scared, especially for men, slamming car doors, unexpected noises. So scared that she was panting in panic!

Meanwhile, in those four months with me she has shown how sweet and affectionate she is, that she can stay at home on her own, is super housebroken and loves it here.

She will gradually relax a little more, but she is still frightened of any strange or loud noise.

Next week, she will be injected for her Leishmania, because her ear, eye and nose are not healed despite the tablets. But she has a healthy appetite and looks good.

I'm very happy with her and she with me. She lies next to me at night in bed and grunts with pleasure!

I wouldn't be without her.

Thanks Ace, for helping me adopt this sweet dog. I would do it again!


Cora Snoeck












No comments:

Post a Comment