May 29, 2016

Chica, formerly Do



I love my house
Hello dear people,

I'm Chica. In Spain I was called Do but my boss has called me Chica because I'm a Spanish girl. On February 7 this year they picked me up from the airport. The people who had been kind enough to take me on the plane found it hard to leave me. They would have liked to have kept me for themselves, but my new boss Marjolijn was so pleased with me that this wasn't an option.

I live in Harlem, have a house with a garden and a cat flap so that I can through it - I can go out whenever I want. In my new house live two cats. A long-haired one, Ozzie  and a kind of Siamese, Molly. I am now friends with Ozzie, who is missed his previous dog buddy Saartje and wanted a new girlfriend. Together, we keep an eye on the neighborhood from the windowsill. Molly still lives upstairs because she thinks I'm too wild and she's just not very social. I am, and I admit, a little too excitable, but I mean it well. Maybe she'll get used to me, Marjolijn hopes so.

I learned a lot here. Not to bark too much, what things you mustn't bite and not to do puddles at home. Now I do that outside. In the beginning, when my boss let me out, she gave me a cookie when I peed so when I knew that that was why I was going out. But when I sat down and pretended to pee because I liked the cookies, they were so delicious, she was not buying it. So now I do it without a cookie.

I love to live in a house and I love my blanket. I lie down on it, which gives such a feeling of security. Everyone in the neighborhood likes me, especially the children, and they call regularly to see if they can walk with me. It's wonderful, Marjolijn I go into the woods or to the beach and nearby dog field where I can run free. There I met Jerry, also a rescue dog from Barcelona, ​​and now my best friend. The females often go hiking with us.

I am very happy that I could come to the Netherlands and hope my friends from Mijas will be as lucky as I am. 

Written on behalf of Chica

Marjolijn van Bilderbeek

With Ozzie, guarding the neighbourhood from the windowsill



I love my blanket

No comments:

Post a Comment