May 31, 2015

Beautiful Sweet Jip


Dear faithful Jip

Jip

She's been living with us for almost half a year now - large, beautiful, sweet Jip (formerly Tammy).

From the first moment we met her she was in our hearts.

What an affectionate and loyal dog!

She listens well and loves to play with other dogs.

I walk with her for an hour, three times a day, and I can see that she needs it. If I don't do that, she wanders around me all the time and then has too much energy.

When I'm walking with her people often come up to me to say what a beautiful dog, They love her and ask what breed it is. My answer; "She's nothing special, but to me she's everything."

The following story is typical - it's Jip in a nutshell:

Out walking with Jip, I came across an old gentleman with a whippet. He told me that he has adopted dogs from shelters for 50 yearsand the only thing he wants is to give them a good old age.

While I was talking with him his dog was hiding behind him. The gentleman told me that this dog was extremely anxious (he had been used for greyhound racing and was now discarded because he ran too slowly - he had been 2 seconds off the time!).

Jip waited quietly until I had finished talking, but out of the corner of my eye I saw she was very gently making contact with the other dog. She sniffed carefully at his head and put her head against his. And to the surprise of the gentleman his dog reacted and made contact with Jip.

The gentleman had tears in his eyes and told me the dog had been with him for 3 years and this was the first time it allowed another dog to approach and make contact.

I was also very touched; our great dear faithful Jip; I am so proud of you !!



Faithful friend




So gentle




A special relationship




Temptation


No comments:

Post a Comment