May 18, 2014

My name is India - I'm a Bodeguero



Look at my little bear face!

Look at me! Aren't I just the cutest thing. And the good news is, I will be just as cute when I grows up. And I won't be very big either. The thing is though, I'm a Bodeguero and we are often left behind in the shelters, while so many other dogs are adopted. Why though?  It could be that people don't know much about my breed. Or some people think we are Jack Russells. They are lovely little dogs too but we are very different.

We were known by various names. The Rat Nero (rattevanger), the Perillo Ratero (rat dog) and the Bodeguero Andaluz.  We got our name Bodeguero from the bodegas, the wineries and wine cellars where we were used to keep wine barrels free from rats and other vermin.




I love to play!

In spite of our origins as working dogs, we are very happy to live indoors or in apartments and in cities. However, we have lots of energy so we need and really enjoy lots of exercise. We love being outdoors playing games like fetch and tug of war and with plenty of time to roam and run and  play.  



Cute doesn't even come close!

We're loyal, loving and affectionate. We love humans and we love children. We're also easy to train because we want to please and we are also bright, clever and obedient.  We're also known as the clowns of the dog world. The call us 'the little dogs who smile'.




Please will you give me a forever home?

So, would you like to adopt me, or one of my Bodeguero friends? Please do. You'll never regret it. You'll have a new and special family member - sweet, funny and loving. A real smiling, cuddly teddy bear of a dog. You can read more about the breed here with some enthusiastic comments from some lovely people who own dogs l like me. And take a look at the A.C.E./Shin Bodeguero page on Facebook. It is in Dutch but Google Translate and other platforms will translate into your own language.

No comments:

Post a Comment