November 20, 2016

Manolito


This is Manolito's story as told by his devoted mistress, and also an exerpt from the text of his website

"We saved Manolito from the killing station of Los Barrios. He was sitting in the same cage as Novita. Over the cage was written in big, fat letters: EUTHANASIA. This was the cage where the "hopeless cases" were put: the 'too old' dogs, 'too ugly' dogs, injured dogs, disadvantaged dogs, actually all the dogs for which those brutes thought they would never find a home.

Yes, Manolito is not exactly the most beautiful boy, and yes, he is already 10 years old, and yes, he is much too heavy ... but is that any reason why he should be treated so disrespectfully?

Now he is MY MANOLITO and I find him beautiful ... inside and outside ...Take for example the time when 3 of my 'oldies' died and I went to pieces ... some of the other dogs will comfort you, very very sweetly. But Manolito has his own way of doing things ... he'd pick up a bone or a piece of dried tripe and would stand right in front of me clowning ... then he'd stop and look at me, repeatedly stopping to look at me to see if I was laughing. And indeed he was so funny I couldn't help but laugh out loud. Sooo - job done and then he was happy to go back and lie down on his pillow.

He came to me as a frightened dog that didn't want to be seen, because if you couldn't be seen nothing bad could happen to you ... he was so afraid of being kicked and beaten ... Now he's a sweet, tough cookie who finds it very entertaining when we have visitors, and they all praise him ... how proud can you be!

Nooo my Manolito is beautiful and I could never be without him!


Manolito in the Refugio.



Manolito today, living with his devoted mistress.




SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment