November 22, 2014

A loving home for a gentle dog



Petrouska - waiting at the Refugio


All the dogs are special. But there's always a warm corner for those you've actually met. When I was at El Refugio in May I met so many darlings. Among them Petrouska. Sweet, unassuming, gentle. So I was thrilled to see her on the website under 'Happy Endings'. Now called Shawna, she is living happily with her new family. Here's what her new boss tells about her. And there's a little video too.

"Shawna has really come home. She is just the way she was described to me in the first telephone conversation, a dream dog. Sweet, devoted, pretty and very friendly to each and everyone who lives here, including the cats and chickens. Like the other dogs, food is very important to her, they are all three monsters, but in a nice way.

I would not have expected her to feel at home so soon, as you can see in the film. I would have expected her to need a bit more time. I looked at the You Tube film you had made of her, many times. But I had never seen what I filmed today. It gave me a great feeling to see her so happy, because she had been living in the shelter for almost a year. 

The black dog is Iniesta (formerly called Maurits). This is the sweetheart who had been beaten so much that he was crawling when he came to me. He still has traumas, but as you can see he is very happy in our home and we accept him as he is.

I really hope that Shawna will never be bothered by her Leishmania and will become very old, just to compensate for her miserable first years. I will keep you updated."

Greetings,

Nicole

                            

No comments:

Post a Comment