October 04, 2014

Safe - Muffin & Gloria


As on my last trip, Fabienne had offered me the chance of going to a killing station and rescuing a dog. It had to be a little one as the Refugio is only at 50% capacity while the rebuilding work is in progress. I will write more about this particular killing station when I tell the devastatingly sad story of Hobie. As always a visit to the killing station leaves you drained, and the effect stays for a very long time. All the ones you had to leave behind. One in particular - a little black and white mutt - and of course Hobie.

I chose, as before a bit at random because it's so impossible. When I first picked out Muffin and Diana chose Gloria, we were told that they could not be released. Not straight away. We would have to wait - one had a chip and I have absolutely no idea why I couldn't take the other one. I wondered why they would show us dogs that couldn't be released but they presumably have their reasons.

For various reasons, which I will relate later, I totally distrusted them. Part of me was convinced that Gloria and Muffin would never be released. I was wrong. They did release them and Fabienne picked them up last Monday. Here they are - they are not yet on the database. I think Gloria is called Gloria but when I chose the name I wasn't sure if there was already a Gloria. If her name has changed I will change it here.

Gloria is an oldie, she's ten years old. Little Muffin is young - I chose him because he is a Bodeguero, such dear, bright dogs and so often overlooked.


 
                      
                                       Gloria


 
                                         
 Muffin





In safe hands.




Smiling - she's had a lucky escape.



                            Such a pretty girl.



Well deserved hugs.



So happy to be saved.



Who will fall in love with that pretty face?




Muffin - still a bit bewildered



What is this place?



Look at those poor skinny ribs - they don't get fed in the killing station.



A hug to show him he's safe with us.




Who will make this sweet boy happy? You maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment