October 04, 2014

Jesulina - the smiling one!

I fell in love. Not once, but many times. That's what happens at El Refugio. You fall in love with them all. And while they are all equally wonderful, each in his or her own unique way, there are some who catch your eye. Some who's spirits remain with you - however short a time you have had with them.

I first spotted Jesulina as she sat in her spacious cage by the gate. I couldn't resist that smile. A smile as broad as a house. Because I had just arrived and I hadn't been at El Refugio for many months, I didn't at first pay attention to the fact that she was in the holding pens by the gate. That's where the dogs stay before they fly off to their golden baskets.

I didn't know her story. But when I did, I found it all the more remarkable that she was still smiling. She'd had a hard and long fourney. Found on the street, thrown into the killing station. Fortunately rescued but even so - she was one of our long stayers. Three long years in the Refugio. But now her wait was over. Her wonderful new owner had come all the way from Norway to collect her. Such a happy ending for an endearing, deserving, huggy, smiley dog.



Just look at that .....


SMILE!



Who could resist it. I couldn't and neither could her adpopter.



She came all the way from Oslo to collect her.



It was all a bit overwhelming at first ....



But that smile soon came back!



Eager to be off now!



Home at last with new Mum and little friend



Getting used to my new surroundings



So content on my forever sofa!



No comments:

Post a Comment