June 07, 2013

Four long years .... now the wait is over

It makes you want to cry from happiness. As Fabienne said in her diary, on 4th June, it gives everyone a boost and makes everything worthwhile. Beautiful Chipke was one of our long stayers. He had been with us for four long years. Indeed he was one of the 'forgotten ones' I wrote about back in February. He'd been with us since he was a puppy. 

Now all that has changed.  When I was out at El Refugio I went to the airport several times. On the Sunday, while waiting for the cages to be brought and the dogs loaded in for their journey I was looking at the schedules. Who was going this time? And whose name did I see - Chipke!


Ticket home - at last he's on the list of the lucky ones 'flying today'.

And suddenly there he was, lying in the sun in his lovely new red harness, waiting patiently as he always has done. But this time the wait was nearly over. This time it was his turn. I went to the airport with him and with the other fortunate ones. I saw his passport handed over and stamped. I helped put his cage through security. I wished him a happy life.

My wish came true.  On 4th June, Fabienne wrote of her happiness to see him find a loving home at last. And she attached a beautiful letter from his new owner. A wonderful letter telling of a happy dog who is devoted to his new boss. Chipke (now called Floran) is learning to play, to be part of a family and to belong. The letter is so touching, so poignant, I couldn't write it any better, so please click the link above and read it. Such a happy ending. It will probably make you cry but, this time, tears of happiness.


Waiting patiently for the 'airport bus'!

The lucky ones

This is exciting. Can we go now?

We're on our way.

                                   His dream has come true - his very own loving family.

It's what ACE is all about.  Please, everyone. Think about all the long-stayers. Have you got a place for them in your hearts and homes.








No comments:

Post a Comment