April 29, 2012

Agnes has found her golden basket


Last May, on my first visit to El Refugio, I met Marjolijn Spoor. We volunteered together, working in the laundry, washing dogs, cuddling dogs, taking them for walks. Every day she picked me up in La Cala and drove me up the hill to the refuge and drove me home again too. I exchange I did her washing, as my apartment had a washing machine.

We kept in touch with emails. Since then I've been out again once, but Marjolijn has volunteered several times, fostered two dogs and does amazing work for A.C.E. in Holland and in Spain. Almeria, her first foster, found a golden basket within 48 hours. This time it was Agnes' turn - and again, within 48 hours she'd found her permanent family.  Ernst Spoor takes wonderful pictures and makes great videos. Here you can see Marjolijn with Agnes in Spain and on arrival in Holland. And back home with her two beagles, Sailor and Rabito.

A great big thank you, to Marjolijn and Ernst, to all the adoptive families and the foster families and to everyone who contributes to the happy scenes you see in the video, below. It's always a joy to see the arrival of the dogs at their home airport and to see their families meet them for the first time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment