July 08, 2021

Jessa (was Lena)

 Monday 5 July 2021

Just an update on my girl. She has been with me for over 3 weeks now and she is doing very well. I am so proud and happy with my girl. Ikey has also recovered and is feeling better again.

She and the rest of my housemates went to the vet last Wednesday. She behaved very well and everyone in the practice fell for her. She knows how to get attention from everyone. She sits down, tilts her head slightly and gives a paw. She is not afraid of anything or anyone, but finds new things exciting. I see her self-confidence growing every day and her (spicy and sweet) character is increasingly coming to the fore. She's already gotten to the point where she doesn't always follow me everywhere, but just lays where she is when I go somewhere else in the house to do something.

Walking is her favorite activity, especially to the forest where there are fens: a real water rat. When we are early I even dare to let her out with her safety harness and belt on the long roll-out line in the forest and at the fen for a swim. Not yet in the neighbourhood. She wants to move in the neighbourhood, because there are so many odors.

She is very smart and has already learned several commands, such as waiting at the curb and coming when I call her. Not perfect yet, but it's getting better. Sometimes mice in the undergrowth are more interesting than a female who wants you to come.

She is watchful and sometimes has a bit of trouble when other dogs come to my house. Even though she has played with them in the forest beforehand. She also has trouble with some dogs we encounter in the neighborhood, then she snarls (doesn't bite). But that's going to be all right.

Greetings

Gerdic









No comments:

Post a Comment