November 16, 2013

A Message from Some Very Special Dogs

They are very special. Which is why it's so hard to understand why they have been overlooked. Why they, out of the thousands who have found happy forever homes, should be the ones who are still waiting? Waiting for that special boss. Waiting for that golden basket.

"We've all be at the Refugio for four years, some for even five. We are called the 'long stayers'. Some of us were puppies when we were rescued but the years passed and we have got older and it seems even less likely that someone will take us home as we all over four and some of us are 7. 

Everyone is lovely here, they treat us kindly, they give us cuddles. We are warm and fed and safe. We are so grateful to Fabienne and all the kind humans who rescued us and look after us every day. But ... but ... however kind they are, and we are so very grateful to them, it's not the same as a real home, our very own basket, our very own family.

Please, if you are reading this could you find it in your heart to give us a home, to love us, to make us your very, very special dog. We will love you forever, that's a promise.

Hugs from .... Gemelo, Rumble, Carbonna, Marion, Gola, Guper, Verde, Gody and Cavalier.



Gemelo
"No one can understand why I'm still here. I pine for my very own family to love for ever and ever."



Rumble
"I'm happy in foster care in Belgium but a little dog like me needs a lap of my own to cuddle on."



Carbona
"I had a boss but things went badly for him and he couldn't keep me. I miss my home."



Marion
"I love to race about and run and run. I'm a Bodeguero - l love children, people, dogs and cats."



Gola
"I'm five and I've been in the shelter for four years. Could you make this the year I get my family?"



Guper
"I was dumped at the gate with some of my family. I'm the only one left. Please take me and love me."



Verde
"I was rescued from a hunter. I am a sociable, easy going chap and my favourite thing is playing."



Gody
"The children tired of us; we were dumped. My brother is adopted already. Please - my turn next?"



Cavalier
"I'm a big dog with a big heart. I don't need much - a very little exercise, a warm bed and a family."



 You can also see videos of Gemelo,  Guper and Verde on You Tube - go to the website  type their name under Dogs for Adoption and you will find the link to the videos. I would put them on here but Blogger is playing up!


No comments:

Post a Comment