August 03, 2013

It's a struggle but we keep going. Here's why ...

Once more Ineke has spent hours putting together a wonderful collage, this time it's the dogs adopted into Holland in July 2013. They are all adorable and deserving, but it gives me a special happiness to see dogs I have known or whose stories I remember from the Internet. If this moves me to tears I can only imagine the joy of Fabienne, the workers and students and volunteers who have had a special relationship with these dear creatures. Times may be hard but this is why we all do it.

On this collage are Mafalda, whom I met in May along with Ineke and Peter. She is now home with them in her golden basket. I remember Frolic, aptly named, and beautiful Tjok who has featured several times on this blog. Sally, who waited in her house, standing guard, faithfully waiting for her owners to come back for her. They never did. Now she has another family and this time she'll be cherished. I Hope and Louis and Morgen, whom I played with and cuddled at El Refugio.


No comments:

Post a Comment