June 16, 2012

IMPORTANT: HOW TO REMOVE A TICK


Summer is here and ticks have been showing their heads since Spring.
Here is a good way to get all of them off you, your children or your pets. Just try for yourself.

PLEASE READ and please pass it on to anyone with children or dogs, to hunters and indeed to everybody who takes a step outside in the summer. 


This advice could save a lot of problems. This safe and easy way to remove ticks was written by a school nurse and put on the web to share with everyone. With this  technique all you have to do is follow these simple instructions. It really works. She writes :-

"I had a pediatrician who told me what way she believed, was the best way to remove a tick.

This is really great because it actually works on those spots that are hard to reach with tweezers – such as in between your toes, in the middle of a head filled with dark hair, and so on."

1. Put a good dollop of liquid soap onto a pad of cotton wool.

2. Cover the tick with the soaked cotton wool and pat it for 15-20 seconds

3. The tick will retract automatically. It will loosen by itself and hold onto the cotton wool when you remove the pad.

This technique has worked over and over again; I have used it lots of times. It’s less traumatic for the patient and easier for me. Even my doctor’s wife called me for advice because she had a tick on her back which she couldn't reach with tweezers. She used this method and called me back immediately to tell me that it had worked!”

Unless someone is allergic to soap, I can't image this technique to be harmful in anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment